Need drivers for Windows 7!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by imaxus, Jan 16, 2012.

1. imaxus macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have just installed Windows 7 on my new Macbook Air 2011, but realized that the drivers can't be automatically located. I don't have OS X anymore to create bootcamp CD, and couldn't find it anywhere.

Can anyone get me a link for the drivers, or maybe to OS X installation DVD?

Thanks.

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

The first step in boot camp assistant in mac is to download the windows driver.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Just run the Boot Camp Assistant from within the Utilities Menu. One of the first prompts will be to download the updated drivers and burn them onto a USB key or external CD. Just abort the process after you have downloaded the drivers and you should be OK.

4. imaxus thread starter macrumors newbie

New to Mac ...

The way I installed windows 7 was just to hold the key "C" when computer was restarting, then select "boot from DVD", and just follow the installation prompts of windows ...

I am completely new to Macs ... How do I get to the utility menu?

5. wpotere Guest

You don't now. Sounds like you wiped your OSx partition so you will have to reinstall OSX then use Bootcamp to create a dual boot system.

6. imaxus thread starter macrumors newbie

Removed the partitions ..

And by the way ... I have removed all the partitions on the disk :) So, there's no OS X anymore, on any of the partitions ...

Is there any way to bring OS X back, or maybe just download the damn drivers for Windows 7 elsewhere?

7. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes. Use Lion Internet Recovery. Restart and hold down Cmd-R

First back up your Windows partition, though, if you have any data on it you need to keep.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Also, once you do get OS X back, keep it, even if only on a small partition. It's the only way to get firmware updates, should Apple ever issue any more for the MacBook Air.

8. imaxus thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it!

I pressed Command+R on reboot, and now the OS X is being downloaded from the internet. Very neat ...

Thank you very much for your replies!

9. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Yes thankfully Apple made that partition hidden, so there its really hard to screw up.

10. KPOM macrumors G5

You're welcome. While your at it, why not give OS X a spin? After all, you have a Mac, why not take advantage of it? :apple: