Need DVD Rip Help Please! Totally Clueless...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jrodrigue77, Oct 13, 2011.

1. jrodrigue77 macrumors newbie

Hey Everybody...I'm trying to put some DVD's on my computer...Don't care about streaming them on an iphone or whatever...Just want to be able to keep them in itunes and watch them (Maybe stream them to Apple TV from time to time)...I travel a lot and it would be nice to have access to them...So at the moment I'm in a remote area of Canada on business...With a god awful internet connection...Now I downloaded handbrake and tried burning a movie to my computer...It took hours...And apparantly handbrake closes if you lose internet connection...so anyway...I finally got it done and dragged the movie into itunes and it plays...But the picture is all pixulated...So I did some searching online and it seems maybe the problem is I'm ripping the movie too small? I tried both formats mkv and the other one and got the same thing...Still crazy pixulated picture...But the sound works...Could this be because of my internet connection the movie is ripping wrong? As I said I don't know anything about computers so any help...Then I downloaded rip it and tried that instead...Compressed the movie...It downloaded in half the time but one problem...Subtitles didn't show up...And I can't find an option to add the burned ones...I mean I know what Greedo is saying to Han but it would be nice to still see it...Especially cause I wanted to put Godfather on here and like half the movie is in italian...So please...Any help...Any ideas what I'm doing wrong...Or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Joe

2. simsaladimbamba

No internet connection is required to use HandBrake. You should use one of its presets (Apple TV, iPhone, iPad) to get optimal results.

PS: To make your posts more readable, please use paragraphs, as it is hard to read one flow of text, even though you might have written in a hurry, but there is always the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your posts.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

The only thing easier than Handbrake is making a cake in an Easy Bake Oven.

Get Handbrake.
    Pick preset.
    Rip.