Need DVD Studio Pro Help!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Capstone, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Capstone macrumors newbie

Could anyone help me with the following situation?

I am trying to import an assest (simple Quicktime file) and an error message pops up and says "Import Assests: Incompatible Format". Can anyone help tell me which settings to change - to make it work?

Thanks a million!

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What video format is the QT movie? If you open the QT movie and hit command+i it will give you the format, framerate, etc.,.

Lethal

3. Capstone thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

DVD Studio Pro will only accept HDV files if you're working on an HD DVD project. What I would suggest is to drag your Quicktime file into Compressor, and use one of the Apple 16:9 DVD compression presets to downsample it to an NTSC or PAL MPEG-2 stream that DVD Studio Pro will accept.

5. almyers macrumors newbie

I am in a HD project and I'm still getting the "incompatible format" message. The first time I made a HD DVD it worked but I haven't been able to make one since. I'm using HDV 720p25. I've checked the settings. I can open the successful HDV DSP file but I can't import HDV assets into that file. I also can't import the original HDV file into a DSP project. I get the same error message. Help!!!

6. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

720p25 is a PAL format. Either change it to something like 720p24 or 720p30 or change your DVD to a PAL DVD instead of NTSC. See if that works.

P-Worm

7. almyers macrumors newbie

Have you updated to DSP 4.1.2? I reinstalled DSP and the "incompatible format" problem with HD files disappeared. As an experiment I tried the update again and could no longer import HD files. Looks like 4.1.2 is buggy.