Need entry into home WiFi

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thebondofunity, Jun 4, 2014.

1. thebondofunity macrumors newbie

I accidentally "forgot" my wifi and I don't remember my password. I am able to use ethernet but this is inconvenient in many ways. I've tried going into my keychain access application to find the wifi but I couldn't locate it. Is there any way I can see my wifi password with an ethernet cable? Please help. I have a MacBook Pro 2011 with an i7 at 2.4 GHz

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

What is the make/model of your wifi router? Do you own the router, or is it provided by your Internet provider/landlord/etc?

3. thebondofunity thread starter macrumors newbie

The router is an AirPort Extreme 802.11ac and my service provider is comcast.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Can't help you find what the password is now, but you can change it. Open AirPort Utility (in /Applications/Utilities/). Click on the router, then click Edit. Click the Wireless tab. Change the password & verify fields. Click Update.

5. thebondofunity thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried this as well. With AirPort Utility, it requires me to first put in the original password before I am able to view any information about the router. :( I've gotten myself into a real mess.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

7. thebondofunity thread starter macrumors newbie