Need Equivalent of "My Network Places"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BellesHere, Apr 17, 2011.

1. BellesHere macrumors newbie

I'm a Mac newbie and I'm not as tech savvy as you guys so be gentle!

On my PC, I somehow figured out that I could make web folders in My Network Places for my files that are on my school server (SharePoint). I am in the process of moving all my files from my personal flash drive to the school server and by using these folders, I am able to very quickly drag the files instead of uploading them individually.

I have tried to find a way to duplicate this process on my new iMac but have not yet been able to. I would really appreciate any help. I have 40-50 files per week that I am editing and then need to upload to the server. I want to be able to do this quickly from HOME!

Thanks!!
    Belle

2. BellesHere thread starter macrumors newbie

Please....anyone have any idea?

I'm a Mac newbie and I'm not as tech savvy as you guys so be gentle!

On my PC, I somehow figured out that I could make web folders in My Network Places for my files that are on my school server (SharePoint). I am in the process of moving all my files from my personal flash drive to the school server and by using these folders, I am able to very quickly drag the files instead of uploading them individually.

I have tried to find a way to duplicate this process on my new iMac but have not yet been able to. I would really appreciate any help. I have 40-50 files per week that I am editing and then need to upload to the server. I want to be able to do this quickly from HOME!

Thanks!!
    Belle

3. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

If you open a finder window, shared computers should appear on the right hand side.
    Or you can press Shift+command+K while finder is the active program.....
    You can also press command+K and manually connect to a computer using their IP or server name.

4. BellesHere thread starter macrumors newbie

5. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh