Need expert help on destroyed buttons!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Taltitude, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Taltitude, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

Taltitude macrumors newbie

So my brother gave me an iphone and said if you can fix it you can have it... well I fixed it but none of the buttons work...

But I managed to jailbreak it without any buttons running 4.2.1 jailbroken on a Iphone 3g. Well Activator from Cydia allows me to touch the status bar and use the home button but there is a bigger problem...

I need the experts for this, how can I turn my iphone on when it goes to sleep like I tried activator to do the shake to turn on, maybe I was doing it wrong... but I need a way to do this without plugging in the charger (that is the only way to do it for now...) is there a way to go into screen saver mode with a cydia app? so I don't drain the battery. thanks! You guys are my wealth of knowledge.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't know if this will help, but I have Activator set from Homescreen to lock my screen and on my Lockscreen to unlock my screen using the Home button. You mention your Home button works so maybe that.

I have it set this way because I've removed the Slide to Unlock bits entirely (slider, text, and background bar) so I need a way to unlock my home from the lock screen. And since I do it with the Home button I stayed consistent and set it to lock from the home screen.

Hope that helps.

3. Taltitude thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry if it was confusing, but all the buttons are broken... the tapping of the status bar operates like a home button, but the screen is off when its in sleep mode to be touch operated