Need fast help with my USB HUB :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AlexanderSG, Aug 24, 2013.

1. AlexanderSG macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    yesterday my usb plantronics headsets stopped working on my usb hub but they work on the macbook usb port...
    i only have my cooling pad and the headsets on the usb hub and it worked fine untill yesterday i really need help because i dont have space for my headsets now :(

Thanks in advance!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Don't use the cooling pad. They aren't needed. Your machine can handle it's own heat.

3. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Hey,

First off, have tried a different port, on the laptop as well as the hub? Second, try the hub on a different device. Third, try just the headphones with nothing else on the hub. Fourth, try another USB device, such as a thumb drive, on the hub. It could be that the data cable is the issue, since the cooling pad just needs power.

If that all works, make sure you've selected the right device in System Preferences > Sound > Output.

I hope this helps.

Regards
    Raptor

4. AlexanderSG thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    yeha i tried a different port, didnt work :( both ports on laptop work headphones and nothing else isn't working D: the thumb drive its workjing perfectly i think its something with the headphones and the usb hub is there anyway i can restart de usb hub? ty

5. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Are the headphones working on the hub on another computer?

6. AlexanderSG thread starter macrumors newbie

havent tried i dont have another computer right now im a student :p

7. AlexanderSG thread starter macrumors newbie

guys help me pelase :(

8. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Well, for now, I would recommend that you discard the hub (the cooling pad isn't required). You can buy another hub for as low as 3 dollars.

However, as a final test, are there any LED indicators on your headphones? If so, do they light up when you plug the headphones into the hub? If yes, then it's highly likely that the data wires inside the USB cable are the issue. If the hub has a detachable cable, try a different cable. If not, get a new hub.

Regards
    Raptor