Need for help with moving itunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TH1989, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TH1989 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    just a short question, hope u can help me.
    I am currently using a pc (shame) but have now a brand new mac. So I want to move completely with my itunes library to my awesome new machine. The Problem is, that my mp3's and vid's are totally unorganized on my pc. Now I put them all via iTunes together in a new iTunes Music folder. So if I want to have my old library on the mac, is it enough if i copy now the newly created iTunes music folder in the iTunes folder on my mac?
    Hope u understand my problem and even more I hope you can help me solving it.
    regards
    th1989

2. MCRunning macrumors 6502

If you just copy the iTunes Music folder, you are going to lose all of your album artwork/metatags/etc.

If you just want the music/videos, just copy the iTunes Music onto your mac, open up iTunes > File > Add to Library, select your iTunes Music folder that you copied over from your PC, and that should add all of your music/videos to your new mac library.

3. TH1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, and what do I have to do to get my covers and metatags etc. with me on my new mac?
    Thanks anyway!!!

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Google is your friend. Typing "move itunes library from pc to mac" yields nearly 1.8 million results. On the first page is this link...