Need for Speed: Shift (iPad) Drifting

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by EdoDodo, May 9, 2010.

1. EdoDodo macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has Need for Speed: Shift and has managed to get first in the drifting races. So far I have managed to get second in all of them but can't seem to get the first in them that I need to unlock the Porsche.

After reading a bit of similar threads around here I found that what works best for me is jerking it in the direction I want to drift and then turning back to balance the drift, but even so my drifts rarely go over 10 (with the occasional turn I'm good at) which usually gets me second.

Do you guys have any other tips for getting first?

EDIT:
    I decided to try by switching controls back to Rookie mode, and by doing this I managed to get first in Tier 1 and Tier 4 Drifting events, but still can't do two and three.

EDIT 2:
    Thanks for tips! Managed to get first on all of them using manual transmission!

2. EdoDodo thread starter macrumors newbie

3. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I never tried getting first in the drifting events. I was just happy enough to place 2nd or 3rd to unlock the new cars.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I turn off auto accelerate, so I can try to maintain a good speed around a bend. Of course also do use manual transmission and down shift before I gas.

It take a lot of practice.

5. EdoDodo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... I've actually been using automatic transmission. I'll try with manual, thanks!

6. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Even though there isn't a handbrake to use to start a drift, the normal brake can help too.

Right before you come to a corner at speed, get off the gas, tap the brake, flick the iPad to start the drift, then back on the gas, feather to maintain.

7. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

I was thinking about buying a racing game.. is NFS the best one? Google didnt pull up much for comparison.

8. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

I have Asphalt 4, Real HD Racing and NFS, and NFS is probably the best. Asphalt has terrible graphics, Real HD isn't really that fun, its too serious, but NFS seems to be very nice by far.

9. EdoDodo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have tried Real Racing on a friend's iPad and I have read comments and seen screenshots of Asphalt and I have to admit that from what I've seen NFS is by far the best, although also far more expensive.

10. EdoDodo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to both of you for these great tips! Managed to get first on all races using them :D.

11. SASDALLAS macrumors newbie

Geesh. I can't even get to third in Drift. I am in Tokyo Drift. How do you at least get to the next race if you cannot complete a first place finish? I have tried this level dozens of times and "just don't get it" I guess.

I would love to move on. But how can you?

12. SASDALLAS macrumors newbie

FWIW.....

Persistence always pays off!! Finally got through the thing.

: )

SAS