I'm new to the forums here, so I apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this topic. I am in need of a new MacBook Pro, but it's an absolute necessity for it to have 2 firewire ports like the 17" model currently has. The 15" had 2 ports until the recent case/body update, and I'm worried that Apple may decide to do the same to the 17" when they update it. Since the case will be larger than the 15", I also think they may decide to keep 2 ports since space will not be as much an issue for the gut layout. I would also like them to keep an option for a matte screen, but the odds of that happening with the new design seem slim. I don't have to hold out for the new design, but I would like to for the drive, video card and potential max RAM upgrade. So I am torn as to wait or not for a machine that may not have the ports I need. I also know that if I wait, Macmall.com and other sites will have sales on the remaining current-gen 17" books after the updated MacBook Pros are released. Please let me know what you think! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!