Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcoshow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
I'm new to the forums here, so I apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this topic.

I am in need of a new MacBook Pro, but it's an absolute necessity for it to have 2 firewire ports like the 17" model currently has.

The 15" had 2 ports until the recent case/body update, and I'm worried that Apple may decide to do the same to the 17" when they update it. Since the case will be larger than the 15", I also think they may decide to keep 2 ports since space will not be as much an issue for the gut layout.

I would also like them to keep an option for a matte screen, but the odds of that happening with the new design seem slim.

I don't have to hold out for the new design, but I would like to for the drive, video card and potential max RAM upgrade. So I am torn as to wait or not for a machine that may not have the ports I need. I also know that if I wait, Macmall.com and other sites will have sales on the remaining current-gen 17" books after the updated MacBook Pros are released.

Please let me know what you think! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Let me check my crystal ball.................

its fuzzy but the opinion of the crystal ball is that apple will not skimp out on the 17" and will make it a pro's pro with everything the older model had, this is why it wasnt released along with the 15"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.