Need Garmin Help!!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by halljason, Dec 1, 2011.

1. halljason macrumors newbie

I had bought myself a gps, the next question is how to wire it up, having never owned one before i need to get it right, as it wont look right melted on the first switch of the switch, obviously the positive and negative wires speak for themselves, other than that i have 5 other wires, brown, blue, green, yellow, and white, the blue is nmea out , brown is nmea in and the yellow is alarm low, the green and yellow i have no idea about, and what are the nmea wires for, excuse me if i sound dense, but this is a new venture for me, the unit is a Garmin gps 152, using flytomap apps on my board they are well good for all starters, thanks !

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

how does this have anything to do with iPad apps?

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

The Garmin apps are available for the iPad and don't require wiring your GPS unit.

4. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Nothing, he's clueless.

----------

What wires from where? What are you trying to do? Wire it to a boat? A aeroplane? A Car?

Is there even anything Apple involved in this project?

Your post is confusing at best. It's in the wrong forum, too.

5. Medium Rare macrumors regular

Medium Rare

According to the Garmin web-site,the unit you bought is discontinued. I suggest you do a Google search for a gps discussion forum and re-post your question there. This forum is not the place to get an answere. Good Luck