Need good leather and Milanese knockoffs for a 44 mm

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Want something that looks a bit refined, since I’m small and gonna have a big ole watch now! ;-p

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Apple leather bands, but I don’t think a new one will be in my budget at the moment, so I’m looking for the closest I can get to that look for a good price.

I’m also looking for a good Milanese knockoff as well, because I know that will tone down the overall “bigness” to some degree.

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Beware of the knock-offs.

Friend tried a leather knock-off and it ate his wrist up big time. The companies who makes them do not care what chemicals are used to process.
Well dang! Thanks for the tip! Maybe I’ll have to splurge on the Apple leather.

Honestly, I am getting the 44 today - I probably need to be sure I don’t think it’s too huge on me before I make any rash decisions about bands! When I tried it on at AT&T I couldn’t really get a feel for it because they have that huge security thing on it, AND the m/l band, which wouldn’t tighten on my wrist.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Honestly, I am getting the 44 today - I probably need to be sure I don’t think it’s too huge on me before I make any rash decisions about bands! When I tried it on at AT&T I couldn’t really get a feel for it because they have that huge security thing on it, AND the m/l band, which wouldn’t tighten on my wrist.
Enjoy you new Watch!

The Apple bands do cost more but they last a long time. I have always used the Apple Leather Loop on mine and bought an additional one, same color for my new AW4. BUT, when It came in the mail and I compared it to the one I have been using for two years, it looked almost exactly like the new one so I left the two year old loop on my new watch!

Have a great weekend!

Reactions: ssledoux

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO

Before you make any rash decisions. Oh, ssledoux, you crack me up!

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Before you make any rash decisions. Oh, ssledoux, you crack me up!
Omg I didn’t even realize what I did there. I crack myself up!

Doesn’t look like I’m keeping the 44mm - just looks too big on me and the top and bottom of the watch are at the edges of my arm, so it leaves a big gap between the band and my arm.

I’m afraid with it almost sticking out over my wrist, I’ll hit it on everything.