Need headphones for iphone 2g with a volume control on it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vader1990, May 9, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

Hi,

so basically I have an iphone 2g, and I need some headphones for it. I broke my old ones, lol.

I like these:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB770G/A?fnode=MTY1NDA3NA&mco=NDU1NDI4OQ

because they have the pause, play and volume all on it. But i don't wanna pay that much. budget is like $10 tops. I might even go to ebay.

What is a good pair that has all the same features [pause, play, skip and volume] that I can get for around that price?

thanks!!

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

No headset with volume controls will be compatbile with the iPone or iPhone 3G. That feature was released with the 2G iPod Touch which came out months after the launch of the iPhone 3G.

The most use you can get is song control.

3. actorkid macrumors 6502

you're out of luck dude.

any headphones you find with volume control won't work with the iPhone. There's a hardware problem (or Apple just doesn't want us to be able to use the function)

the pause/play buttons and mic will work however....

P.S.- I'm not sure you'll be able to find ANY headphones with any type of remote for $10

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

you can get some really cheap ones at www.dealextreme.com , but dont expect them to last long. I would recommend you invest in so radius atomic bass headphones, they are around $40 but they are great.