NEED HELP 3GS 4.0.1 jailbroken froze???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sixxbob, Aug 24, 2010.

1. sixxbob macrumors newbie

i have a 3gs that i jailbroke with jailbreakme.com a few weeks ago. today it froze and when i tried to restart it, it shows the apple logo with the spinning wheel and it just keeps spinning. What can i do if i dont want to restore it because it will upgrade my phone to 4.0.2 and i still want the jailbreak? I dont have any blobs saved or any of that because i didnt know how to do it. someone please help.

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Did you click on "Make my life easier"min Cydia? If no, restore to 4.0.2'is your only option. If yes, download tinyumbrella and request the 4.0.1 SHSH hash from Cydia:

If it can't retrieve one, then it was not saved within timeframe Apple was still signing it. Thus, you won't be able to restore to 4.0.1. Your only option is 4.0.2.

If you can retrieve your hash, put tinyumbrella into TSS server mode and restore iTunes with 4.0.1 firmware file you downloaded.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or try recboot to see if it needs to be kicked out of recovery mode.

4. sixxbob thread starter macrumors newbie

i just used tinyumbrella to get my shsh and it says it was saved successfully. what do i do now that i have it saved to my computer

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Are you 100% sure it allow you to get your 4.0.1 hash. Make sure it's not 4.0.2 which Apple is signing, and thus, anyone can get. If Yes, in tinyumbrella, click on "Start TSS Server," go into iTunes, and then, restore with 4.0.1 frimware file you downloaded. Restore should proceed as normal. If it gets stuck, try "kick phone out of recovery" in tinyumbrella.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Start tss server with tinyumbrella and restore your iphone to 4.0.1 then.

7. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

You may get an error message when restore with umbrella, just click ok and keep going, you'll be fine.