Need Help 911 (iMac 2011)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tears2040, May 5, 2013.

1. tears2040 macrumors 6502

I installed the Dvd disc into my iMac so I can erase the hard drive as I am going to sell it. I went to Utilities then restart from time machine back up, but I do not have a backup and the computer restarted and now it is going on a continues 3 beep loop and nothing happens.

Please Help!

Thanks

2. tears2040 thread starter macrumors 6502

Option C does nothing .......

I had to disconnect the power cable as the computer keeps going on and on in an endless beeping cycle and nothing ever happens. It's just stuck there, I know someone out there knows how to fix this.....

3. macthefork, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013

macthefork macrumors 6502

What happens if you just hold the Option key at boot... Is this with a USB Keyboard? If you have a USB Keyboard, use that over a wireless.

Three beeps at startup means the iMac can't find the RAM. Did you remove/replace any RAM prior to inserting the DVD?

Remove and reseat the RAM if none of the above helps. Or, it looks like you upgraded the RAM. Remove any non-Apple ram and try using only the original Apple RAM.

4. tears2040 thread starter macrumors 6502

I connected a USB keyboard and held the ALT key and was able to end the endless boot cycle.

Thanks a lot man!
    May a favor in life return to you
    peace