Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garvatron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
New first time macbook pro owner here. Please forgive me if I don't know the proper lingo just yet. I am running Mac OSX Version 10.6.2. I like the feature that allows you to have all the open files, applications etc show up on the screen at once and then you can select the one you want to access. However, once selected, this always brings back all the other opened applications under it. What I would like to do most of the time is look at all the applications running and opened files, select it and then have that be the only one open with the desktop right behind it. As it stands now I must minimize everything else and then pull it up separately. Any way to just select one file at a time without all the other ones coming back?

Overall I am very pleased with the Macbook pro over my old PC. But one thing that I do miss is the delete key. My mac has what I would call a backspace button, but no separate delete key. It makes it a bit difficult for me when I am using Office to not be able to pull text closer to the cursor because there is no delete key. Is there any way to do this on a mac? A shortcut key or something like that, perhaps?

Thanks for your help in advance. Love the mac, but just takes a little getting used to. Good thing for forums like this.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I'm guessing you are talking of Exposé. But I'm not entirely sure what you are after so here's a link to an app that will allow for one application to be open at a time: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/33286/flyingwindows - I apologize beforehand if this is not the thing you are after.

Also if you've got the wireless keyboard from Apple then hit the Fn key + backspace. This causes the Delete action to kick in.

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
I can't comment on how to twist expose the way you want it, but you can use an application called doublecommand to remap e.g. your right option button into a delete button. I use it myself, and it works very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.