Need help adding 2 Ipads to acct

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by homefires, Dec 27, 2012.

1. homefires macrumors newbie

I have an Ipad3 already set up. Over Xmas, Mom & Dad played with my Ipad. Now my elderly parents want Ipads too! I am having trouble figuring out the how the various ID's interlock. I don't want to mess this up. According to the Apple documentation I found, "once a device is associated with your Apple ID for your Itunes store account, you cannot associate that device with another Apple ID for 90 days." Dad won't wait 90 days....

I would like all 3 Ipad to share the my existing Itunes/app account (tied to my CC). I will pay for all purchases. I would like them to have separate ICloud /Facetime/messages ID's. I will pin lock in-app purchasing.

So, when I get the two new Ipads, do I ..??
    1. Sign in to each with my existing Apple ID.
    2. Set up new ICloud accounts
    3. Change Facetime email
    4. Give each Ipad a new name in General Settings

Will this affect my Mail, contacts, calendar? Is this how I should do this? Alas, Dad won't go near the Apple Store. I have to do it.

So far Dad's favorite app is SkySafari Pro. Mom likes Clouds & Sheep (hence the in-app pin lock). BTW one will be black and the other white so there will be no squabbling!

~Thank you!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Setup an new iCloud account for each machine, then after that go to settings under iTunes and App Store and put your AppleID there.