Need help after jailbreak attemp

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dallas0501, Jun 7, 2011.

1. dallas0501 macrumors newbie

Ok, I tried to use pois0n on my Iphone 4 verizon 4.2.8. After I installed it the loader icon would do anything when pushed. After more research and being told I could use it, I found out it didn't work. I did a restore and reset my phone. Now I have no service, no network or anything. I've tried to reset it all different ways to no avail. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance!!!

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

If you put it into DFU mode and restore to a clean, blank install of the current firmware, it should in theory be fine. If it isn't, its definitely under warranty just don't restore from an old backup of the phone from itunes. Install it fresh and do not restore ANY data before you can tell if it will work.

DFU mode how-to: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

3. dallas0501 thread starter macrumors newbie

when the itunes message pops up that its in recovery mode and needs restored the screen is black but then when the restore starts it goes to the apple logo on the phone.. Am I in dfu mode?

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

If the restore starts, you're no longer in DFU mode (not sure if you ever were)

DFU mode is not the same thing as the connect to itunes screen, FYI. I just advised you to go to DFU mode because it seems to be the failsafe way to get your phone to do a device firmware upgrade, which is what DFU stands for. Itunes should say something to the affect of "itunes has detected an iPhone in DFU mode" when done correctly.

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

p0ison won't jb your VIP4 on 4.2.8

do a restore and jb using PT4.2

6. dallas0501 thread starter macrumors newbie

finally got it fixed... I took it into the Verizon store and they activated it in 30 seconds.. The reason was I had to be in the same town down the road that the phone number is for. Very strange but it worked!

Now I'm looking for a good jailbreak!!!