NEED HELP ASAP!! How can I downgrade 2015 MBP to Yosemite?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MikeyDiesel515, Feb 18, 2016.

1. MikeyDiesel515 macrumors newbie

MikeyDiesel515

I currently purchased a new MacBook Pro (Early 2015, 13in Retina) that came with El Capitan OS X. I NEED to downgrade to Yosemite because I have some devices that arent currently supported on El Capitan. How can I get Yosemite on my MacBook? Need help ASAP! Thanks!!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First, breathe...back away from the CAPS. Think Puppy, Baby, Monkey...

All right, for you not having Yosemite before, I think you need to find the Yosemite installer and create a bootable USB drive. Can you find the Yosemite installer? Is it available on the App store?

3. BLUEDOG314 macrumors member

BLUEDOG314

Either an istaller, or take it to an apple store and have them do it. In store it'll take under ten minutes.

4. MikeyDiesel515 thread starter macrumors newbie

MikeyDiesel515

The Yosemite installer is no longer on the app store

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

It's not in the App Store but if you've installed it previously on another computer it will be in your purchase history.

6. JOSmith99 macrumors newbie

If you are okay with wiping the computer, reboot and during boot up hold down Command+Shift+R. You should get a screen that says starting internet recovery. Connect it to your wifi when prompted (Or use ethernet of possible; you will need an adapter for retina macbook pro) and use disk utility from there to wipe the hard drive. Then choose to install osx and follow the steps and it will install Yosemite (if you have an earlier version, it will install the earliest supported version of osx, so if you have a 2014 mac, it will install mavericks). Once setup is complete then you can use your computer again and it will be running osx Yosemite.

7. SoundsEclectic macrumors newbie

Or he could use a digital vinyl system on real turntables paired with Serato Scratch Live (which is compatible with El Capitan), and not some cheezy dj controller with serato DJ which is junk anyways.