Need help asap--- How do you print selection only

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Racktacular, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Racktacular macrumors regular

I am trying to print just a specific selection of font from a webpage and I can't figure out how to just print my highlighted material instead of the entire page. In windows you can just print the "selection", but I don't see that option on my Macbook.

Please help.
    TIA
    Rack

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

This is definitely one of my pet peeves about the built-in printing in OS X. The short answer is that there is no 'Print Selection' option in Safari. I think Camino and/or FireFox has the option.

The "workaround" for Safari is to highlight the text you want, then look in the Services menu for the TextEdit entry that says "New Window Containing Selection" and then simply print that instead.

It's definitely not ideal, but it'll probably work just as well.

Edit: I'm attaching a screenshot in case you're unfamiliar with the Services menu... (and please note that your Services menu probably won't look exactly like mine)

Attached Files:

3. Racktacular thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I never knew about that via Safari so that is helpful, however I use Firefox most of the time. But I can't figure out where within Firefox, something like that is located. Or even if it exists at all. Thoughts?

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I'm pretty sure it's in there....buried within the print dialog somewhere, but where I can't remember exactly.

You could also use the same services trick from Firefox, though.