Need help ASAP! Projecting Video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SuperDaveInLA, Nov 29, 2008.

1. SuperDaveInLA macrumors newbie

Hi.

I am doing tech for a comedy show which requires me to run both video and audio from my macbook pro (the newest version).

I am going to hook my computer up to a projector for several video shorts during the show, but I don't want the projector to project my laptop throughout the show. Not sure if that makes sense, but I don't know how to explain myself more clearly.

Is there a way (and a very fast easy quick fix) to project an image on the projector screen that the audience sees while I am running other stuff on my laptop (audio, following the script, etc)?

Help! The show is tonight and the tech people at our venues haven't been much help.

Thanks!,
    dave

2. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Make sure mirror mode is unchecked in the displays tab.

3. dannyboxer macrumors regular

dannyboxer

On projectors we have at my school, on the remote control there is a freeze button so it freezes whatever is on the projector and then you can do other stuff on your MacBook.

4. SuperDaveInLA thread starter macrumors newbie

So am I right to assume that once I hook up to the input on my mac book and don't set up mirror mode I'll be able to just pick and choose what I display on the projector?

Where do I pick/choose mirror mode?

5. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

System Prefs -> DISPLAYS tab -> arrangement -> make sure mirror is unchecked.

Also. Even if you set the wallpaper to be black... it still will be projecting blackness. You need to cover the lens of the Projector when it isn't in use. Be careful, paper, cardboard, and anything else will burn. I've lit a ghetto cardboard cover on fire before. Use the lens cap, but it will get really freaking hot, so use judgement.