Need Help Batt. Question on my New MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DynamicMac, Apr 22, 2009.

1. DynamicMac macrumors newbie

Looking at that I might need another Rechargeable Battery - for my 13-inch MacBook aluminum mac book
    I have used 56 cycles since April 2009 and 97% health. I was trying to figure out why I don't have a six hour batt. times with the lowest setting and blue-tooth and airport turned off but now when I have all my settings turned down like birightness turns down to two so you can see the screen otherwise it is dark and my other settings are off why my batt. life is only two hours now??? I fully charge my computer up then only 2 hours??? if I set the setting to full with airport on and blue-tooth I get only 47 mins on a full charge... not sure why and my new laptop is doing this since it is only 2 months old.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

First: Please use paragraphs (using the enter key), punctuation and more coherent sentences so that we can understand what you want from us. I know this is the world wide wet, but to understand each other, it helps to express oneself as clearly as one can.

Second:

Have you calibrated your battery yet?
    What software did you use, to determine how much cycles you used and how much health is still left?

Maximize Battery Charge

Battery Calibration

Battery Care

What is you amperage? Use Coconut Battery for this.

3. DynamicMac thread starter macrumors newbie

I use my Mac book everyday for about 6 to 7 hours each night I power up my mac book while its in shut off mode.

I did the battery calibration the first time then once every three weeks to keep the battery life stable

I always use the lowest settings since I use my computer for lectures in college.

I use IStatPro to look over all my Stats on my computer.

I just wanted to know if there is a way to change my settings even if my power setting are set to low being 2 mins to dim and 5 mins to sleep with no AC power cord?

I just find it odd that with low settings and standard use my power life would drop to 2 hours after being fully charged.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You shouldn't always trust what the numbers tell you. My Macbook Pro's battery timer almost always says around 2 hours on a full charge, but lasts for about 3.

Anyway, 56 cycles is 1/6th the battery's expected number of cycles until it dips below 80% of its original capacity. Since you're at 97% currently (-3%), ceterus paribus it looks like you have a very normal battery.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks for clarification.

Can you look into System Profiler and see what Amperage you have when plugged in and when running of battery (when fully loaded)?
    :apple:> About This Mac > More Info > Hardware > Power > Battery Information > Charge Information.

What is the Charge Remaining and the Full Charge Capacity?

As the Unibody MB battery has less mAh than the older white MB, you get less than four hours.

Have you also looked into the Activity Monitor (show "All Processes")?

And also don't trust the battery indicator, as it is only an approximation of the current CPU activity.

6. DynamicMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Charge remaining (mAh): 3445 (Since I am plugged back into AC at the moment)

Full charge capacity (mAh): 3970

Activity Monitor is showing all zeros on everything except 2% for the Monitor and between (7% to 14%) for normal web browser and that's normal since I am on the internet.