Need help before I buy ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Revomonster, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Revomonster macrumors regular

Revomonster

I am thinking about getting an ipad 2, but I had a few questions first. I am trying to cut the costs that i spend on media in my house, and I was thinking that I would get an ipad and get rid of my tv. I have been looking at ipad apps, like the optimum ipad app for live tv channel streaming, and I cannot seem to find what exactly is required. Is it like the time warner cable app where I have to have cable tv from them to be able to use the optimum app? Or can I just pay to use the app? Could I use the optimum ipad app with the internet service provider that I currently use now, which is not the makers of the optimum app?
    Thanks,
    :apple: Rules!!!

2. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

You need their TV service to use the app. I can't see getting rid of a TV for an iPad. Not all of the stations will be available on the iPad due to legal reasons. Can you explain more why you would consider selling a TV for an iPad? Are you really saying get rid of your TV service?

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

The ipad can in no way replace a tv. If youre looking to cut cost look elsewhere.

4. Revomonster thread starter macrumors regular

Revomonster

I already watch almost all media that I watch online instead of on tv, and the only things that I do watch on tv are the news and a couple of other tv shows that i can watch online. I was just wondering if I could use the optimum app to watch the news live if I wanted to.

5. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

You need to be a subscriber of Optimum TV to use their app. I think you might be disappointed with what can watch on the iPad. Without Flash not all the web sites work.