Need Help, beginner

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by udayrulz, Oct 14, 2011.

1. udayrulz macrumors member

So guys I am very new to coding and currently trying to make a small app, I have been trying to develop a small application based on an company. I have been trying for hours now and can't get the UIWebview to work on my application.

Basically what i want to do is display a specific part(how?) of a website on my app.

If you could please have a look and let me know where I am going wrong I would be really thankful.

Please fix it if possible and reupload, I am quite sure its no more than 10 min work for most ppl, its really urgent for me

http://hotfile.com/links/132351737/5c4fd40/Bloomberg.zip

Cheers

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

Let me get right on that for you...:rolleyes:

3. udayrulz thread starter macrumors member

Sorry about that, I have done my head in trying to figure it for hours.. and I am worried that some one will actually give me another technical answer and i ll be stuck again. :(

Actually seen over 20 youtube videos+countless tutorials.

4. wpotere Guest

You should post a snippet of the code that is giving you problems and ask specific questions rather than ask people to do your work. Nobody knows what this is for and it could be homework. ;)

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

6. udayrulz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your replies, not to be an ass but the reason why i haven't posted the code is because I don't know which part is wrong, All I am trying to do is to get UIWebview to load up a page.

Most tutorials that I have found so far use the Xcode 3.x interface which is a bit different from version 4 and I am confused as to where i have gone wrong.

Its not home work, I am not a student :)

Cheers.

7. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Showing us the code that you tried to make the UIWebView load with would help us a good deal with helping you.

Please don't forget to place [ code ] [ /code ] around your code to set it off from the rest of your post and make it easier to read.

8. larswik macrumors 68000

I started here over a year ago http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/programming/c/9781430218098

If you are learning to program from you tube videos you are not learning to program. Your just trying to find tutorials to help you put together what you want to do without understanding what you are doing in the first place. I am still learning and there is a lot to know.

Start with that book.

9. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

udayrulz what's your background in programming? Is this your first language/environment?

B

10. udayrulz thread starter macrumors member

Well I am actually major in Finance but due to the current jobs climate been trying to learn a bit of coding so that I can work in financial softwares. I had learnt basics of Java, C in uni. I use VBA quite often although its not much of an programming language.

This is the first time I am using the Objective C and cocoa as such.

I ll try to do the whole code again without using storyboard this time.

Thanks for all your replies.

11. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I would recommend you take a look at Conway/Hillegass iOS book. If that is still beyond you drop back to a beginner's book on objective c like Kochan or Hillegass' new book.

B