Need HELP!: BootCamp Partition not recognized by Windows

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Riwam, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Riwam macrumors 6502a

Riwam

Hello good souls! :)

After a log fight to try to upgrade my working Yosemite MP Late 2013 to El Capitan, I was forced to clean install it.:oops:

Now I do not succeed to install Windows 8.1 using the BootCamp coming with 10.11, which does not use any longer an external USB pen drive. (I made one under Yosemite but it was not accepted).
    IT MUST BE A 64 bit ISO, a DVD is not recognized.:eek:

It was not easy to find an ISO which would be accepted by BootCamp but finally I found one.
    It all went as supposed.
    The Windows files were (very slowly! :oops:) integrated, and after them, the Apple Support Files were downloaded. It took at least half an hour.:oops:
    Then I chose the size of the BootCamp Windows partition and after that came the reboot to Windows.
    It looked like a normal Windows installation until I was presented with the list of partitions (BootCamp makes more than one).
    I chose the right one ("Drive 0, Partition 5") named "BOOTCAMP".
    Now I had to format it to NTFS, what I did... and that was the end of the story. :(

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information see the Setup log files".
    Of course there are no such log files to be found.:mad:

I repeated the whole story 3 times, tried to erase the BootCamp partition and reformat it. No way. Nothing helps.:(
    The sad result is that way back on OSX... THERE WAS A PARTITION CALLED "BOOTCAMP" :mad:.
    Only that from OSX you cannot install anything!

Since BootCamp demands only ONE PARTITION IN THE DRIVE, and the MP has only ONE internal HD, I had each time to ERASE THE WHOLE INTERNAL DRIVE :mad: and CLONE BACK El Capitan from the external drive, to recover ONE SINGLE PARTITION in it.
    Then try the same again and again, and no result.:oops:

Any help of someone having succeeded to install Windows 8.1 or 10 through the BootCamp of El Capitan will be very appreciated.:)
    Thank you very much in advance!!!
    Ed

2. Riwam thread starter macrumors 6502a

Riwam

Since there was no feed back and no hint of a solution, I found no other way to get Windows that :(

1) to erase the (only) inner drive with El Capitan in it
    2) to reinstall Yosemite in it
    3) to install Windows with that BootCamp and a pen drive
    4) to erase Yosemite from the inner drive
    5) to restore El Capitan from a clone drive to the inner drive

I suppose that is the idea Apple has of improving its OSX... :mad:
    Ed