Need help, bricked iPhone after erasing all data

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alphablue, Jul 10, 2011.

1. alphablue macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.
    I am in dire need of help. I was given an iPhone 3G as a hand me down, and it was a hacked one. It had a cydia app and everything. When it booted up, it had a little pineapple instead of an apple. So,i tried to erase the data on it, without knowing that it would brick it. Now my friend doesnt even know how to fix it

i tried holding down the top button and the home button to reset it, but it doesnt work. it just stays in that pineapple screen until runs out of battery.

Is all hope lost for this iPhone? Or is there something that can be done? Thanks alot everyone.

2. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

It's not bricked, it has been jailbroken with pwnage (the pineapple). Google iPhone>DFU and then follow the instructions using iTunes. It may take several times, you may need to wait until it connects, but it should, eventually.

3. jdaniel macrumors 65816

yes this has happened to me before I was trying to sell my old phone and I went and hit erase all data etc, it wont work it would make it unusable... you have to try and do a restore with itunes... but remb that may upgrade your firmware and baseband.... I remb having ALOT of difficulty trying to go back to just stock firmware, i had to repwn that was easy...

If you are not bothered about unlock or baseband etc, try just doing a DFU restore. a good DFU timer is just using pwnage tool.