Need Help Building Computer!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ClassicMac247, Jun 21, 2008.

1. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

I know this isn't the website to post asking for help building a windows computer but I feel like this is my family and who better to trust when it comes to computers than a family of apple fans? Anyway, I've been designing a very slim case for a desktop computer and I have a buddy that works in a shop that will build me the custom case. There is no need for a R/W Drive for CD's and I want to make the computer basic yet powerful enough to run Adobe CS3. My OS will be Windows XP because vista sucks and I don't want to aid the enemy in any way, (enemy- a.k.a microsoft). I need a small amount of storage, but otherwise I am looking for creativity and help when it comes to what tech specs I should throw in this beauty, b.t.w, I know what I want, I'm not stupid when it come to computers, I'm just curious to see if anyone has something better. :D

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I've got some really terrible news for you, Microsoft also make Windows XP. :D

3. ClassicMac247 thread starter macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Hahaha, I'm well aware, I forgot to mention I don't have to pay for XP so i won't be giving Microsoft any $$$. That was the point of not supporting them, but thanks for your concern!

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And just how will you not be paying for XP?

5. ClassicMac247 thread starter macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

My old school gave me a box of discs, parts anything dell you want I have, its laying at the bottom of my closet for obvious reasons, the only thing useful are the installation and OS discs

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I know you have a case and all but you might wanna check out Bestbuy or whatever other electronic retailers you have the in States. My dad just bought a spiffy HP for $349 on sale at Bestbuy here in Vancouver a while back. Dual Core AMD, 2GB of ram, 320gb HDD, dual layer DVD burner, multi-card reader etc. Dunno if it's enough to meet your needs but its a slim unit as far as PC's go. It's a bit simpler than building a machine (which isn't that hard) and if you have any difficulties you can just bring it back and get a new one.