Need help burning bootable cd

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by knobtwiddler, Jun 30, 2008.

1. knobtwiddler macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

I've got a cd I need to boot from which I backed up a while ago. Well, I've scratched the cd too much and it won't read. I backed up all the files from the cd on my external hd. How can I burn a cd woth these files that is bootable. Do I just burn it in file mode or is there an iso or something? I do have Toast so I know there's lots of extras there.

2. Qianlong macrumors regular

can we know what files or programs are on the cd?

the only programs I recall that needs booting from the CD or DVD are recovery progs like Techtool, Diskwarrior or install discs for OSX.

3. knobtwiddler thread starter macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

It's DiskWarrior 4 if it makes any difference. I'm a bit of a slob when it comes to cd's so I back everything up on a hardrive (well, actually my parents' hard drive too). It's definitely saved my butt a few times. So, how do I burn a bootable cd with the exact files that were on the cd?

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

You will have to use Disk Utility to burn a bootable cd/dvd- Toast (afaik) will not do this.

When you say you have a backup of the DiskWarrior disk - then from memory it will be a disc image file (.dmg). If so use Disk Utility to burn to cd.