Need help burning .srt's into avi's.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Evildemon989, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Evildemon989 macrumors newbie

I'd like to know how to hard burn a .srt subtitle file into an avi I have, since the movie is in mostly german. I've tried handbrake(What I use for most of my movie conversions, but it has very poor subtitle support. Any ideas?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Why don't you use VLC, name subtitle and film exactly alike (except the .srt and .avi part of course), and it works quite fine.

Or do you want to burn the movie to disk and use that disk in an external DVD video player?

Look via http://mroogle.************* for similar topics on this board, as it already has been discussed several times.

3. Evildemon989 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know. This is the way I have it now, but I don't want two files. Also, I'm looking for hard burning it together, not onto a dvd.

4. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure how you would do it under os x but if you have windows you can use vobsub

5. Evildemon989 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would prefer not having to use windows..... any other ways?

6. BMWFan macrumors regular

in short, no.

7. Evildemon989 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. BMWFan macrumors regular

You can easily do this in Windows btw. Perhaps you should start viewing your computer as a tool?

9. Evildemon989 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not that I don't view my computer as a tool, it's just I hate using windows for anything dealing with video. I've had bad experiences with video management in windows before.