Need help buying a Macbook in Korea

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MikeonTV, Mar 31, 2010.

1. MikeonTV macrumors regular

I'm in the market finally for a brand new Macbook. I have chosen the base model as it's not too expensive and I'm still traveling through Asia for a while. I have been on the Korean Apple site to learn more about what to get and I noticed that on the Korean website it displays all the products. What surprised me is the machine I want was the old White color instead of the modern Unibody. Does this mean my new notebook will be an old White one when I go totthe apple store in Seoul and buy it?

That's a deal breaker.

Thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No idea, the best way would be to call the store to check… if you don't have international calling, try Skype; should only cost you a few cents.

3. Centris610 macrumors newbie

It looks right to me. (link)

If you mean the aluminum unibody, there isn't one for MacBook. Only MacBook Pros have aluminum unibodies.

4. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I didn't know that. Only the Macbook pros have the unibody? So MacBooks are still white?

5. mmulin macrumors 6502

There was a unibody MB, which was sold alongside the traditional white low end MBs. Then the marketing wizards at Apple decided to rename it to the 13" MBP (even though it doesn't have all the traditional pro features - discrete GPU anyone?).

So, if you buy the 13" MBP you still get what you initially wanted. Otherwise, I presume, even the white MB is still a good choice.

6. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

The MacBooks have a plastic unibody. :D

7. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular

So if I'm buying a new low end MB it will not be white right?

8. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

The plastic is still white.