Need help buying Think Different posters

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Razer(x), May 8, 2014.

1. Razer(x), May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014

Razer(x) macrumors regular

Razer(x)

Hi, i want to get some Think Different original posters, but there's too many versions and it's almost impossible to understand which is original.

Can anybody help me with the purchase?

For example i've seen some Educator's sets, but they all have a grey and non coloured Apple logo, are they fake?

Regards

2. tdiaz macrumors 6502

If they look good, fill the bill, and are priced reasonably for such a large print, who cares?

An ad listing that makes false claims should be the issue your concerned with.

3. Razer(x), May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014

Razer(x) thread starter macrumors regular

Razer(x)

Yes, but i've read a lot about fakes around the internet and since i want to keep them for 20+ years, i want to be 100% sure what i buy is authentic

For example there's a lot of people selling from Germany, i'm not sure if they're 100% authentic

4. tdiaz macrumors 6502

I'd have to say that a "fake" produced yesterday, as a quality product, that being printed on quality paper, with decent ink would look as good as to be expected 20 years from now.

Printers are only going to get better, and more accessible.

These things are not "investments".

5. Razer(x) thread starter macrumors regular

Razer(x)

Yes, and i'm pretty sure about that

But i'm not spending 100+ $ for a reproduction which i can buy for 30$ or less :D

6. tdiaz macrumors 6502

..and that's my point. There's a flip side.

I'm not spending $100 for something when I can get the same thing for all intents, for $30.

The same image, on the wall, framed or whatever I do with it.

A sheet of paper, with ink. Ordered by the thousands and given away for free.

Fake because Apple didn't pay for it, or real because it physically exists.

As I said, if a seller is claiming "this is real", and it's not- that is the problem to be dealt with. Vote with your wallet.

7. Fralle macrumors 6502

Fralle

Why can't you simply realize that collectors do care about this and that value depends on authenticity, wether you like it or not. And its not the same intents. If you want a poster to look good on your wall, fine. If you want a picture that looks good on your wall and is genuine, don't vote with your wallet. And with that, 90% of all posters on ebay are fake ;)

8. ranmyaku macrumors newbie

Is there anyone with an authentic Feynman poster that would be interested in selling?

9. Razer(x) thread starter macrumors regular

Razer(x)

Exactly.

For the moment i've paused the research, can't seem to recognize what's authentic from what's not

10. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

If you have not already done so, there are several guides on eBay that can help with spotting fakes.

11. Felasco Guest

Think different about think different posters! :)