iPad Need help: Can't Close App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tijauna, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Tijauna macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently jailbroke my iPad 4th gen. All has been going well, until I was using multitouch gestures to swipe between apps. I discovered this hidden app that was simply a black screen, and it didn't show up in the multi tasking bar, ex. Even if only safari was open in the multi tasking bar, I could swipe to this mystery app.

The moment I touch the screen when this app is open, it closes itself. It is arranged in portrait mode and cannot be rotated. I thought it might've been some cydia app, but all I have installed is winterboard and iFile. I also disabled mobile substrate just to check if it would remove anything, but the black screen is still there. Since I didnt have much installed, I decided to restore my iPad. The screen is STILL there! I'm kinda worried that it might be some broken app or something that is lingering in the system. Any ideas?:confused:

(is there any thing i can use to kill processes, maybe a cydia app or something?)

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Do you have an screenshot to show us? SBSetting's processes allows you to close apps. But sometimes it doesn't work because 1. Of the app itself (e.g. I find that to close iFile, I need to close the app, go into iFile, then exit and it'll close) or 2. iOS itself (e.g. You can't close "phone")

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Did you try hard reseting? I had a similar problem, and wheni hard reset my iPad booted into safe mode and then I was able to restart from safe mode to normal.

To hard reset just hold the power button and home button until the screen turns black and the apple logo appears.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

5. Tijauna thread starter macrumors newbie

When I restored I restored using a backup, not as new :eek:

I have reset all settings, un jailbroken, jailbroken, etc... The screen is unfortunately still there. I will try a hard reset later, and report back on results.

A friend tells me that I may have inadvertently glitched into one of the system apps.

6. Tijauna thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: the hard reset didn't work :(
    Here are some more details, the app doesn't show the status bar so it's some sort of fullscreen thing. Does anyone know of an app that can be used to kill processes? I want to hunt this thing down so badly. :mad:

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Try SBsettings as I have told you in my post above. You swipe across your status bar to activate sbsettings

8. Tijauna, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013

Tijauna thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgot to say that I did try it. I press the process button, right? The app doesn't show up in the list, it just shows the standard multi tasking bar ones. I'm not sure what the free memory button does, though. Tried pressing it and nothing happened.

I did some more research and apparently you can use mobile terminal to kill processes? I'm all new to this, so it would be great if someone could explain lol

Edit: the problem stays in safe mode

9. Tijauna thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for bumping, but I really need some help. The device randomly runs hot now, with no apps running at all. I'm really worried that this thing is causing all the problems. :(

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Just what is this app on your screen? Is it possible to show a screenshot?

And when you restore, don't restore from backup, start from fresh, jailbreak and see if that happens

Does this app show up right after you jailbreak or right after you install a particular tweak from cydia?

Please try to be specific as possible because no one has this problem you've had before (or a very small minority)