Need help changing wallpaper on iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gamer4616, Jun 17, 2017.

1. gamer4616 macrumors newbie

My job issued me an iphone6 and has disabled certain features on it. Among them, I cannot change the wallpaper in the settings. I don't have access to the phone's camera.

I can transfer apps to the phone. I thought maybe an app could change the wallpaper, so I downloaded the app "magic screen" in hopes of changing my wallpaper, but the app requires access to the camera, so it wont run.

Would anyone know of an app that would be able to change the wallpaper within the app?

2. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

I think this is not possible, Donald, your work has limited what you can do on your phone and any app that might provide you with a wallpaper requires permission from you and the system to make changes. Only by getting rid of the limitations you could achieve this I think.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Well, given that your working phone is an iPhone 6, you can pretty much just use it as a phone as much as you can so you can ignore the limitation of those settings.

My university also disables the feature of changing theme in windows 7 and 10, locking down the wallpaper to designated one.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Talk to your IT folks.
    Explain that the current wallpaper is deeply affecting your job performance (could happen!) --- or some other suitable reason - be gentle!
    They will tell you that changing the wallpaper is not possible/not allowed/violates some federal privacy regulation, or other reason why they may not help you.
    Or, they may issue you a new company-owned iphone that has those settings enabled. They would have those available for anyone who asks, I'm sure. All companies are required to allow for the personal preferences of all employees. :rolleyes:
    [/sarcasm]

5. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Can you take a picture of the lock screen with another phone and post it here.

6. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

7. gamer4616 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I thought it may be some company logos. Turns out just plain color? Grey? BAD. :D
    OP does have a reason to complain.