Need help choosing a MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Guille87, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Guille87 macrumors newbie

I'm finally taking the plunge and joining the dark side! I currently have a Dell Inspiron N 510 which I refer to as the brick house. I was at the Apple store a few days back and I left more confused than when I arrived. I'm going to be taking my laptop to school 75% of the time. So portability is a major factor but I also want a laptop that won't be obsolete in 2 years. I'm debating to with a 13 in rmbp with 250 gb ssd or a base 15 rmbp with 16 gb of ram. Also screen real estate is important since ill be working on spread sheets and split screen multitasking.

What do you think is the best option?!

Thanks!

2. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I can see the 15inch rMBP as very portable and since you will be doing a lot of stuff at once the bigger the screen the better! And the 15 inch is so much more powerful with its quad core graphics and better graphics. this computer will last longer than any computer you had before it. I highly recommend it. im waiting for mine to come via fed ex today i got the base one with the upgraded RAM and I got an education discount on it too!

3. Zauberer macrumors regular

I had the 15" in college and I found it quite portable. If you're going to do a lot with spreadsheets, I'd advise an external monitor. Yes, the 13 is obviously more portable, and the 15 is a little big for the tiny writing desks in college lecture halls, but it's not overly cumbersome by any means.