Need Help choosing a phone for my dad from AT&T

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lordking65, Oct 15, 2010.

1. lordking65 macrumors regular

But he doesn't need an iphone. He just needs a simple phone that can call (obviously), text, mms, and plays and organizes music easily.

Yes, he's eligible for an upgrade

Preferably one of AT&T's free phones. any suggestions?

If those phones are really that bad, then what phone do you think i should get for him without going OVER OVER (dont have a set budget, but something cheap or free)

Thanks guys

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I don't know of any free cell phones that are good at organizing music. Sorry.

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If he's willing to spend monthly money on a data plan, I think the iPhone 3GS is the best bet, even though it's not free. There are great free phones like the Palm Pixi Plus or the Pantech Link, but you can't get those without a data plan either, and if you're committing to $360 in data over two years you may as well add $100 for a really great device that can "call (obviously), text, mms, and plays and organizes music easily."

Otherwise he'll end up with one of dozens of crap phones that can call and text but that have lousy cameras, confusing user interfaces and so-so music capabilities.

4. lordking65 thread starter macrumors regular

doesn't have to be free, but at least cheap, a decent music player

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My family and I have had a lot of cell phones, and the iPhone is the only one with a decent music player. Cheapest solution: Non-iPhone phone and off brand mp3 player.

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

iPhone. Includes a very nice music player, free of charge. :) :p