Need help choosing between these bags for new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Summer2000, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Summer2000 macrumors member

Hi everybody,
    I ordered my first MAC ever (see sig below). It won't be here till 3/21:( but in the meantime I wanted to order a bag for it while I wait.

I can't decide whether to go with an STM Convertible:
    http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?M=STM-BAGS&ID=987730&ref=GB
    or a MacCase Jacket:
    http://www.amazon.com/MacCase-17-inch-MacBook-PowerBooks-Stealth/dp/B000BQ0KCG

I plan to use and keep the MBP mostly at home but for the times I need to take it out, I want to be able to transport it in a sleek bag that's very portable and not too bulky. It must be professional looking as well so I can take it to work.
    I'll only need the bag to have extra space for some basic necessities such as the power cord, mouse, some DVDs/CDs, pens, and a notebook, etc.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can provide some pros and cons on these bags.

These are the only 2 bags I was able to narrow my search down to in terms of good price point and meeting my requirements but I'll take a look at any other bags (no backpacks) you guys think I should also consider.

Thanks,
    Summer2000

2. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I like the first one, it looks more low profile. Have you checked out the incase bags at the Apple store, I have one and I love it, real simple, nice fur interior.

3. Summer2000 thread starter macrumors member

Hi wgilles,
    Thanks for replying. I checked out that Incase bag. I don't like the fact that you can only carry it on the left shoulder (I read that from a user review) and it's a bit pricey as well for what it offers.

So far I'm leaning more towards the STM unless anyone else has something better in mind. I'd like to make a decision by the end of the week if possible.

Thanks,
    Summer2000

4. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

The second one looks more Mac-friendly as well as just better quality in general. The black one is more low profile, it's true - but the silver one looks like it'd be a better investment. And it's sleek :cool: