Need help choosing Keyboard protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caspergirl, Jul 17, 2017.

?

Which one is better choice?

1. MediaDevil Typeguard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Moshi Clearguard

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. caspergirl macrumors member

Im waiting for my new MacBook Pro TB to arrive (its a BTO, so it takes some time) and I'm considering a keyboard protection. In my old MacBook Pro (mid2010) I used to have the MediaDevil typeguard and I was 100% happy with that.
    Now im a little bit puzzled because of the new keyboard in the 2016/2017 models. So in essence, I'm trying to decide between 1) MediaDevil (which is 0.2mm) http://mediadevil.com/browse-by-dev...uard-macbook-pro-13-15-2016-2017-antibac.html

And 2) moshi clear guard (which is 0.1mm) https://www.moshi.com/clearguard-keyboard-protector-for-macbook-pro-with-touch-bar#clear

Have you ever use any of them with the new butterfly keyboard? Do you think that it is important the 0.1mm difference?

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

3. caspergirl thread starter macrumors member

Upss! I didn't know that! Thanks for the insight

4. caspergirl thread starter macrumors member

Weird post: there is something "wrong" with apple. 2 insidents: 1) the link you posted (thank you so much for that) talks about MacBook Pro with Retina display and the potential damage because of the design. Here Apple sells exactly the same product FOR RETINA MACBOOKS. What's going on apple? https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...for-aluminum-macbook-and-macbook-pro?fnode=56

2) I wanted to buy a case, and because in Apple website I didn't noticed the older 2016 model I talked with an apple representative to ask if the dimensions are the same between 2016 and 2017 said compteley different a case will not be ok if it is not for 2017 model. Anothe user here (sorry I don't remember Username) told me that the dimensions are the same and gave me link for that. Indeed he was correct.
    Why apple is so "cheap" and uses such a cheap, idiotic behavior to sell its products?

5. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

Profit.

6. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

1) That's for the older unibody though? Would seem rather silly to say don't use them and continue to sell them on their store.

2) No idea with that one, the 2016/2017 are identical cases, maybe they were confused between different keyboard layouts (GB/US).

7. caspergirl thread starter macrumors member

That's so embarrassing for Apple. The product note mentions "Fits the following models: 13-in. MacBook and MacBook (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 13-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 15-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 15-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 17-in. MacBook Pro 17 (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Air"

So they say that it is good for retina model THAT THEY SAY ITS NOT GOOD IDEA TO PUT PROECTORS ON IT. Or maybe this is not applicable if mama apple sells them o_O:p:D