Need help choosing new in ear headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mdtwn8, Mar 21, 2011.

1. mdtwn8 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

So i have been searching for some new headphones, but have been unable to pick one out of the many great choices. I have an iPhone 4, so i would like to buy headphones with a mic and volume/music control. I also would prefer some headphones with anti-tangle, and sturdy/hard to break/long-lasting cables. And of course, I want some clear, crisp, and detailed audio from some in ear headphones.

From the research I have done, and with the money I have at my disposal, i have narrowed my options to the Etymotic MC3, the Woodees Blues, the Klipsch S4i and the Denon AH-C560R. But since I have not been able to personally test them, it is difficult to pick.

If any of you can help me out with your opinion of these, or if you can recommend some other ones, I would be ever so grateful. Thanks.

2. apmorency macrumors regular

All I can offer is my experience with the Klipsch S4i. I bought them on for all the great reviews I read about them but I hated them. Highs I thought were very muted, voice (mids) sounded too faint and bass was muddy. I got the S2's instead and I think they're great.

3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I don't personally have these but a lot of people have recommended the ajays four. When I need new headphones I'll probably be picking up a pair.

4. kasakka macrumors 68000

I think I'll return the Ajays Four I recently got. The bass is weak IMO, the mic/button thing is huge and overall they don't look as elegant as you'd imagine from the website pics.

The NuForce NE-7M sounds good but they only seem to last about a year at most. I've had two, mic button no longer works on either and both have issues with the speakers (one crackles, one has its glueing falling apart).

I've got the same dilemma as the OP. The Woodees were on my list but reviews don't seem to be very glowing when it comes to their sound quality.

5. walie macrumors 6502a