Need help connecting 4890 with molex

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by spiralof5, Jul 8, 2010.

1. spiralof5 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I used to be a chip monkey but at my old age I've lost my touch. I was wondering if someone could help explain how to connect my 4890 to the superdrive molex. The Ultimate Thread does not go in depth as in how to hook this up.

I ordered my 6 pin to 6 pin connectors (x2) but they probably won't be here for a few days. So I want to try this.

Right now, I have 1 free molex from the superdrive. What I don't understand is that the card came with 2 cables and the total molex males = 4. So if I connect one to the superdrive, where do the other 3 go?

Also, I heard connecting via molex is bad for the card. Is that true?

And finally, could someone also show me pics on where to hook in my 6 pin - 6 pin adapters when they come in the mail?

Thanks,

spiral

2. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

3. spiralof5 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks groths,

Your sig just has the same information as what you posted on this forum. The pics of the other guys stuff doesn't help me. What the heck do I do with the other three male molex connectors (I currently can put one into the molex female from the superdrive).

Again, molex is a new term for me. I have been out of the game for years when it comes to modding. I don't see a section in the golden guide that really goes in depth on how to connect this.

Thanks,

spiral