Need help Connecting Airport (Snow) with Airport extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by OldGuyDave, Aug 25, 2009.

1. OldGuyDave macrumors member

Hi, I'm a switcher mith minimal knowledge of networking and Apple, and getting more confused with every Website I read. :confused:
    I managed to get my setup working with very little knowledge of networking, using an Airport Extreme base station with a PC and an iMac connected
    via cable and a Laptop connected wirelessly. All works well.
    Because the laptop doesn’t work well in other rooms I wanted to extend the range of my Extreme and would like to know if it will work.
    Because I’m not sure about the proper word usage I’ll do it like this.
    At the moment it's the below setup without the Snow.

PC Laptop ---wireless --> Airport Base station (snow) ----- wireless --> Airport Extreme Base station ---DSL cable --> Modem -> Internet

Is it even possible to use the Base station snow to extend the range of the Base Station Extreme?
    Is it possible wirelessly or must it be via cable?
    Is that called bridging? I’ve seen a few articles about bridging but don’t know if that’s what I need :eek:
    P.S. I wanted to use the Airport (Snow) because I have it already and don't want to buy new hardware.:eek:

Thanks for helping a switcher.

2. OldGuyDave thread starter macrumors member

A lot of people lookin' but nobody typin'. Oh well, The setup doesn't seem to be well known? I guess I'll just have to make a pot of coffee and sit back this weekend and try every variation I can think of. =:) I've seen some Apple help pages on bridging, but nothing states if the UFO Base station will bridge wirelessly back to the extreme. It looks like it can't work but maybe it does. Another case of learning by doing! :eek: