Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDeitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Hey, My buddy wants to share his imac connection with his wii with an aircard.
We selected:

share connecting from: Sierra Wireless Compass 597 (aircard)
to computers using: Airport

We go to connect the wii, it finds the connection with 3 bars,
and then it goes to test connection and then it fails...

How can we get this to work!!!

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I don't know anything about Wiis, but I do know something about networking. Have you tried connecting to your iMac's shared network from another computer?

TheDeitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
I don't know anything about Wiis, but I do know something about networking. Have you tried connecting to your iMac's shared network from another computer?

We used his laptop and got his wii to connect,
the laptop is right next to the wii and when we connected it said the connection had 3 bars, but we cannot connect with any games like mario kart and animal crossing.

mactoids

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
You're saying that when the Wii does the connection test, it fails, correct? Dumb question - but if you're using WPA or WEP security - did you set up your Wii to use the proper password? Just thought I'd ask...

TheDeitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Hey,

so i guess we needed to manually connect the wii, and now the wii works with mario kart and animal corssing perfect :)

But the only problem is that the macbook is being retarded and we have to keep turning it of and restarting it to get the wii to connect. We go to network diagnostics and there is a green light by everyhing exept ethernet. After trying a long time, it randomly works.

Is there some way of fixing this or is the macbook retarted?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.