Need help deciding...2 Options, opinions welcome.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeusInvictus7, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Location:
    Kitchener, Ontario
    #1
    Hey guys,

    I have 2 options as far as getting an iPhone 3GS, and I wanted to get some suggestions and opinions as to which is a better path to go.

    Since I am an employee at Rogers, we cannot buy the 3GS on our name/account until July 20th, which totally blows. So here are my two options that I have been back and forth about:

    Option 1:

    Buy the phone on launch day, under my dad's name, pay the normal price for the first month (I would normally get half off), and then after July 20th transfer the phone to my name and get the discount from then on. This way will basically cost me an extra $50 since I would not get my discount, and I would have to go through Rogers CS to transfer.

    Option 2:

    Just suck it up and wait the extra month and get it on my name, avoiding all the hassle of transferring.

    What I am trying to decide is whether getting it now is really worth it. My store is only getting 14 units total, and 2 of them are going to be 32GB White models. My manager said he can hold one of them for me if I wanted to get it on launch. I've been iPhone-less for a year, and I really miss using it. I've been using my 1st Gen iPhone just as an iPod this whole time.

    What do you guys think? Any suggestions/opinions are welcome.
     
  2. TheMBC macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    #2
    Can't you technically get it now under your name since AT&T is allowing early upgrading if you're eligible through September?

    I vote wait a month.
     
  3. DeusInvictus7 thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Location:
    Kitchener, Ontario
    #3
    I am not with AT&T, I live in Canada. I moved to Canada last summer, and have been without an iPhone this year.

    The thing with waiting a month, is that there is a promo going on right now that gives 6GB of data for $30 a month. I am not sure how long that is going to be available, so I do not want to miss it. Last year for the 3G it went through September, which is what I am hoping will happen this time too, but no one knows when it will end.
     
  4. DeusInvictus7 thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2008
    Location:
    Kitchener, Ontario
  5. ineedamac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Location:
    Ohio
    #5
    I say get the iPhone 3GS now. Don't wait. It will be worth the hassel to switch everything over.
     

Share This Page