Need Help deciding between IPod Touch & Ipad...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by face328, Mar 31, 2011.

1. face328 macrumors newbie

As you have read, I can't decide between the Ipod touch 4gen 64gb, and a refurbished Ipad 1st gen 64gb deal from Apple site. They both are around $400.00 USD. I would like the ipod touch b/c i currently own a ipod classic, an would like to get into the world of apps, and games(i never owned a console). What do you guys think for games and music and apps, should i go for one over the other? What are the other perks in the ipad? and should you guys think to opt out and go with the ipad 2 as well? Please reply..and thanks for your comments.

2. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

Some things to consider:

How portable does it need to be? You can just put your iPod in your pocket, but the iPad is more of an effort to carry around. There will almost certainly be times that you would have your iPod with you, but not your iPad.

Do you need 3g? If so then you need either the iPad or a mifi.

If you will be playing lots of games then the iPad has more options (it can play most iPod games plus some that the iPod doesn't).

If you haven't already then have a play with it. Personally, I find the iPod screen a bit small, both for reading and operating.

Do you need cameras? If so, the original iPad isn't for you.

Basically, nobody else can say what will fit your needs best. You need to decide exactly what you want it for and then work out what best fits your needs.

3. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

iPod - More portable.
    iPad2 - Infinitely better user experience.
    Easy choice imo.