Need help deciding between taking Java or Web Design

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deriko100, Oct 23, 2008.

1. deriko100 macrumors 6502

So im graduating in about a year to high school and they have lots of computer stuff, like smartboards, and tablet pc's, and they have classes for web designing and an A.P Class for Java and a simple class forgot what it was called but its too easy for me, I am in a struggle to sign up for Java or Web design, btw for the web design they will be teaching you with dreamweaver. Could anyone help me decide Thanks.

2. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. iMaccore2 macrumors regular

take java, you can make more exciting things, not boring web pages.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Do you want to design web pages? This is really a graphic arts job. Yes they will need to teach you the tols but the product is a nice looking (we hope) graphic design.

Java is a programming language and can be used for web related stuff or not. Beginning Java programmers likely will not be doing web related work. At fitst it will be just command line programs.

People who like artwork will not want to learn Java, programmers will think doing graphic design is boring.

5. minijon macrumors member

You can learn Dreamweaver from an internet tutorial. The AP Computer Science will teach you the fundamentals of computer science (using Java as an example) like Object-Oriented Programing. If the course it done well, it should apply to more than just simple Java coding, allowing you to learn other languages on your own (or with help from books/the internet). I would say take AP Comp Sci.

6. deriko100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Another question i had floating around if your a freshman can you take AP Classes?