Need Help Deciding! Imac7,1 or.....?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ilunchbox, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ilunchbox macrumors member

So i currently have The "New" iPad 64Gb 4g, White and i got offered to trade it for an imac7,1 ..late 2007.....20" ( 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM,320GB Hard Drive, & ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB) So is it a good idea to trade it for my iPad, with leather red smart cover and dock? OR should i wait for an updated imac?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Wait. That computer is worth like $400 but is very outdated.

3. ilunchbox thread starter macrumors member

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have this same computer. It is my older one. And yes it is getting near its end. It also depends on your usage. All depends on what programs he has on the computer. I have over $3000 worth of programs on mine. So I would not even consider a trade with you. I can sell my program licenses for more than the iPad and still have the computer for casual usage. But if it is a completely wiped computer then no. You would get the bad end of the deal. Mind you even though it is older it still is a great running machine and handles anything I still throw at it all be it a little slower than my newer machines.

5. ilunchbox thread starter macrumors member

Even if i update the memory to 6gb instead of 3? and thx you made the decision easy for me :D

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Even with the extra ram not worth it unless you are getting a bunch of goodies with it. Keep the iPad and get a new machine.

7. Mengele macrumors member

8. ilunchbox thread starter macrumors member