Need help deciding on buy which versions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MLV83, Mar 28, 2008.

1. MLV83 macrumors newbie

MLV83

Whats the difference from the 16gb and the 32 gb? I mean is there some new in the 32 gb that you can do more with than the 16gb. And whats the sdk thing, can it be put in the 16gb?

2. oliverlubin macrumors regular

they're exactly the same. the only thing that's different is if you buy a 16gb that was put out before the January Software Update (that added Mail, Maps, etc. to the iPod Touch).

most places indicate with version you're buying. on the other hand, if you've read any of the other forum posts, you might find that it doesnt matter which version you get...

3. BassistKing1 macrumors member

sdk is software development kit, and isnt really being released until june(or was it july?) and it allows people to make apps and games and stuff. there are no differences between 16 and 32 except that you can hold more music/video/etc. sdk will work on all ipod touch, no matter how many gb it has.

4. TimJim macrumors 6502a

The SDK is completly separate. That is for devolping apps for the upcoming 2.0 update.

There is no difference from the 32 and 16 except space.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

All three models are the same except for two flash chips inside that determine how much storage the device has. Other than that, they're the same in every other aspect of the hardware and the software is the same on every model.

6. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I think at this point for the price difference the 32 GB is worth it, but then again, I have so much garbage on my iPod and I really only listen to a gig or so...so what am I doing with a 32 gb iPod? lol

7. chrisb. macrumors newbie

All three models are the same except the amount of memory each contains. As for the sdk (software development kit), its basically a kit of programs that allow "developers" and "programers" to edit and make their own applications to put on Iphones and iPod Touches. Along with the App Store, where users can dowload apps wirelessly through these devices. The next update (2.00) isn't schedueled until early/late June or early July.