Need Help Deciding on Buying a Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by The_Man, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. The_Man macrumors 6502

    The_Man

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2005
    #1
    So I am going back to school this next year and I think it's time to get a new laptop, upgrading from my iBook. I was just wondering if you think it would be a good idea to go ahead and buy one now (I'm looking at the low-end model w/ the education discount) or if I should wait until around the time school starts to see if they update the model.

    The computer I have now works fine, so waiting wouldn't be a huge issue for me.

    Also, do you think apple would wait until the educational promotion is finished before updating a model like this?
     
  2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2007
    Location:
    Yorkshire, England
    #2
    If your computer works fine now i see no reason why you should not wait and see? Its possible, but to me it seems unlikely for a major revision to occur until January.

    I bought a macbook last november admits all the 'ultra portable' speculation and i have never regretted my decision.

    If you can wait then don't rush into it, maybe you could save a little money and bump up the specs?
     
  3. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

    upsguy27

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    Arizona
    #3
    Like everyone else says, if you need it now, buy it, but if not, then just wait.
     
  4. techound1 macrumors 68000

    techound1

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2006
    #4
    The only reason to buy one now would be to get the free ipod deal. If you're not into the ipod, then look at the refurbs in the regular store (when you decide to buy) - they'll be cheaper than the new ones in the ed store.
     

Share This Page