Need help deciding on matte back protector for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gswearengin, Dec 12, 2010.

1. gswearengin macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I am wading my way through all of the information available here, but it's pretty overwhelming and unfortunately the more I read, the more confused I get. (isn't it supposed to work the other way around?)

I am looking for a matte protector for the back side. I am using the Apple bumper with my phone and am pretty happy with it so far, so I want something that plays nicely with the bumper and won't peel up. I rarely remove the bumper, by the way. Other features I'm looking for are a good fit with cutouts for the camera lens and flash, at least decent scratch protection (some degree of drop protection would also be nice, but I'm not entirely convinced that is even possible...), durability, and hopefully a relatively easy install process (I have only done dry installs in the past, but am not opposed to trying a wet install).

Something that comes with side protection would be nice, but is not essential. I have covered the sides of my phone with cellophane tape to keep the bumper from eating it, and it seems to be working well enough for now. I also do not mind buying a full body kit and not using the front.

So, which way should I go? Phantom Skinz? Wrapsol (original)? SGP...and if so, Incredible Shield Ultra Matte or EX Ultra Fine? Something else?

I am hoping to make a decision and place an order in the next couple of days. I will continue to wade my way through the forum, but would appreciate some tips here. I have already decided to order PS Anti-Glare HD *and* SGP Oleophobic screen protectors, and I would never have guessed that it would be harder to decide what to get for the back than the front!

Thanks,

GS

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I have tried both Invisishield and BodyGuardz, haven't tried many of the others, but I do like BodyGuardz, both wet installs. I use those only on the back, the front I would use a Power Support or SGP screen protector, 2 most popular ones on this forum.

Haven't tried many that you listed, maybe someone else can chime in. Good luck.

3. jLp-PR macrumors regular

I'm using the PhantomSkinz matte back.

Looks great, pretty simple wet install.

The Phantom website has an offer, if you buy one matte shield you get another free. I took advantage of that + the 50% discount on Cybermonday.