Need help deciding what pictures to enter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by iBookG4user, Jan 30, 2008.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Hello, I am going to be entering a photography contest soon and wanted some help deciding what pictures to enter. I can enter two, and I'm stuck between three images and need help deciding. (They will be more optimized for the web before I upload them to the contest, but I needed to get them smaller for the forum so it wouldn't make the thread too wide)

1 - [​IMG]

2 - [​IMG]

3 - [​IMG]

Also, if you want to look through my gallery to see if there are any images there that are better. You can find that here. Thank you very much for any help :)

2. SolracSelbor macrumors 6502

id go with 1 and 2, so that you can get a broader audience

3. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user

One thing I forgot to mention is that the contest is loosely winter themed, however it being a winter image is not necessary. That is part of the reason why I thought of entering the first one, that and my professor said it was a great image (haven't shown him the other two yet, however.)

4. nicoritschel macrumors regular

Personally, my favorites are 2 & 3, but if you want to stick with the theme, probably 1 & 2. They're all GREAT shots though

5. seattle macrumors 6502

I agree about 2 & 3. I like 3 the best.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, 2 and 3 are the best photos, but I'd still submit #1 and 2.

7. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Interesting fact: Even before reading this thread I had photo #3 as a favorite on dA :).

(dA User BamaWorKs)

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

1 & 2

What a gorgeous photo of those elephants!

9. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Just noticed I didn't give an opinion...

2&3.

Why?

Because I feel #1, while a great photo, is just a pattern macro and the level of skill and chance involved in the photo is far less than 2 & 3. Just the positioning of the Meerkats alone in #3 lends it to being a great photo. In #2, the actions of the mother to the calf elephant show an intimate moment in that candid way only animals can. So if I were judging the contest and these were all independent submissions? #2, #3, #1. In that order.

10. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

I really like #1. (It is very similar to my work.) I like the Meerkats and I also like "Meerkat family picture". "Connect the Meerkats" is cute, but I think "Meerkat family picture is a more interesting image." The elephant picture is a nice image but it looks too cliche for my tatse. I would go with #1 and one of the Meerkat photos. Go luck in the contest.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You're right. I'm changing my answer to #2 and #3. While I always liked #2 and 3 the most, the reason I suggested #1 for the contest was because it followed the theme somewhat.

But eff it. Submit #2 and 3. They're fantastic.