Need help deciding which program to use

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by liquidgold, Mar 31, 2008.

1. liquidgold macrumors newbie

i am still making a transition from the pc to the mac and have a couple of questions.

i was planning on using bootcamp to create a partition to allow me to continue to use pc programs for dvd editing. specifically, transferring from tivo and editing, then burning. i typically use videoredo, TMPenc DVD author, and sometime Nero to do this.

can i do reliable DVD editing using VMWare or Parallels, or would it be better to stick to bootcamp?

2. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

You will get the best performance using simply bootcamp.

It may be worth having a look into some mac software to see how that could get your tasks done.

3. Trip.Tucker Guest

Why on earth wouldn't you edit in OS X? There are so many free tools that exceed those available for Windows and the applications that come with a Mac are excellent.

4. liquidgold thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm just not familiar with the tools and i am pretty comfortable with the programs i use. i know that i can use toast instead of nero, but i don't know what the really good dvd authoring programs are especially that work with tivo. plus, i have money tied into the programs i already have for at least the next year. i would gladly take suggestions on mac programs that would work better.